Monday, March 18, 2013

Bunny Grows Up and Other Monday Musings

The Bunny of Glenwood emerges from it's burrow.

Chameleon-like, the bunny blends carefully into the background so that it can't  be seen.  At least that's the theory.



The bunny we noticed last week has grown rapidly, so rapidly that since these pictures were taken, it has left the nest and gone to parts unknown.  Or it has developed even stronger chameleon like powers.

We have completed the guest room at Glenwood, hung a few more blinds, emptied a few more boxes.  We have a new bed fro Benjamin that has a built-in bookshelf and other storage.  I contributed by moving a few books here and there.

We saw the amazing play Willy Wonka Friday night, performed by WACT (Waycross Area Community Theater).  It was one of the best musicals I have ever seen at the community theater level. I have a brief review of it in my blog story Sweeten Your Weekend With Willy Wonka.

I have to come up with a letter to send our vestry members at our church.  The Bishop of South Georgia keeps throwing up road blocks to a full initiation of a same sex blessing.  The latest is telling vestry members they have to have a large majority support it before they can vote yes.  We are not a Congregationalist church.  The vestry should have input from parishioners  but they have never been compelled to vote the way the congregation is polled on any other issue.  So I have to make sure that every vestry member knows quite clearly that I am in favor of the same sex blessing.  Currently, language is completely escaping me on this issue, because it seems so obvious to me, and it upsets me that it is still being road blocked and challenged.

Corporate tax deadline is passed, although there are still several in my office that did not have enough information to complete.  There is still a month to go on individuals. I am ready for it to be done.

The Graduate rehearsals start tonight, and I am looking forward to it.  The part I have is not big, but I do get to yell and get angry.  That will be nice and cathartic, especially as tax seasons mounts.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment