Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth by the Lake and Other Monday Musings

Rev. Kit and many of our church children at our Fourth of July Weekend ice cream social.


It was a housebound Fourth of July, and after recent weekends on the go, it was kind of a relief and relaxing.  We've been home pretty munch from Wednesday afternoon until this morning, with only excursions to pick up Real BBQ on Wednesday night, pick up propane on Friday, and church/groceries on Sunday. There were no movies out, nor any dining in restaurants.  It was my most extended stay in the house since we bought it in February.

The good news is that I kind of like our home and neighborhood.  It feels very comfortable, and exudes a strong sense of rightness, that we are where we are supposed to be.

Mowing the yard on Thursday was time consuming and unpleasant.  But I got-er-done and it does give me some time to think.  Benjamin got more training in mowing, and did about 5% of the yard.  So maybe someday that will be a task I can pass off to him.

Thursday night there were fireworks down by the lake.  They were not that spectacular, but they were very easy to get to, and it was fun to sit at the lake with your neighbors and watch.  I tried to take some pictures, but I have not posted any here, because they failed to meet even my low standards.

Even the recorded movies I tried to watch were not very good, so it was a real bust movie wise this weekend.  We watched John Carter, and were grateful that we had not paid to see it at the movie theater  I tried to watch two others, The Revenant and the Total Recall remake, and wound up falling asleep in swaths of both.  We did stream some episodes of The Office, and they were hilarious.  It is a show that we are trying to see from beginning to end, and are currently in the third season.  Alison is very anxious for Pam and Jim to get together, and I tell her she needs to be really, really patient.

I tried to deal with the pain of having my ads yanked away from my blog by writing more.  I did, but also was a bit overwhelmed by how long it might be before I might have something ebook ready, and by how how much might be involved to format the ebook into an acceptable submission.

My next break from work is probably Labor Day.  Even Fridays become more problematic as more time is taken over by an audit we do in the summers.  But at least I do I have this home to look forward to coming back to.  And that's something.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

2 comments:

  1. Did you see that OTC is hiring for a full time Accounting Instructor? I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they've got all my stuff. I'm in the same place if they want to call me. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete