Thursday, July 4, 2013

Unrestituted Fringes

Beyond the answer you expect
Lies the question we forget
Past the unfortunate disrespect
Dwells no promises to be met

I cannot see into the foggy veil
It closes its silent weary eye
I don't think the empty hearts prevail
I miss hearing the wistful sigh

Moving away out of frame
Unrestituted and sent to the fringe
I cannot shake this sense of shame
The heat of indifference; it does singe

Projects run cold
Distractions completely fail
The deal has become unsold
All hope has set to sail

Close my eyes and nothing's changed
The crashing tides haven't ebbed away
My life has not yet been rearranged
Inside my circled wave you stay

But they won't stay shut
When they open it just makes things worse
My soul in two has been cut
Nothing left but a fingerless curse

I no longer know the answer
I can't even remember the question
There is no more tiny dancer
There is nothing except the shun

The fasten seat belt sign is off
You're free to walk about the plane
Look around and do not scoff
For now you are truly and plain

Alone.





No comments:

Post a Comment