Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns: Broadcast Series Winner!

Ripping Good Yarns: Broadcast TV Awards!


My legion of Ripping Good Yarn fans, I am proud to announce the first awards for 2013, given in the category of Broadcast TV dramas!  Two awards will be given in this category, one will be the Ripping Good Strait Award that is solely determined by me because well, to paraphrase one of my least favorite politicians, Ronald Reagan, "I own this microphone!"  The first will be the Ripping Good Fan award determined by all of your votes!

Ripping Good Fan Award, Broadcast TV Drama

NCIS received 21% of the vote.

Grimm received 23% of the vote.

Castle received 25% of the vote.

Criminal Minds received 25% of the vote.

And with 28%, the winner of this very close contest is (drum roll, please!)......


Scandal!

If you haven't seen this high energy, no holds barred, melodramatic show, catch it streaming or on DVD and get yourself up to date for one of the great rides of your life!


Ripping Good Strait Award, Broadcast TV Drama

Fringe!  Yes, I know.  It wasn't on the list.  I would have picked Scandal had it not won the main award.  And I have to honestly say that Fringe was by far my personal favorite, even if it didn't make the lists of finalists.  The show was allowed to end itself with a great story telling and a very satisfying finish.  Not many shows get to do that.  So for the second year in a row, I give my award to Fringe.  Next year, who knows?  I am "following" with great interest The Following, but we'll see what direction it takes in the coming season.  And who isn't looking  forward with great anticipation to Marvel's Agents of SHIELD?  I am salivating just thinking about it!

But let's not rest on our laurels.  Start commenting on Basic Cable series.  We already have some initial nominations but we could always use more.  Here are some of the great shows to pick from:

Breakout Kings, The Glades, Longmire, Bates Motel, Bunheads, The Lying Game, Pretty Little Liars, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Switched at Birth, Breaking Bad, Hell On Wheels, Mad Men, The Killing, The Walking Dead, Bedlam, Being Human, Copper, Doctor Who, Luther, The Hour, Ripper Street, American Horror Story, The Americans, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Army Wives, The Client List, Drop Dead Diva, Alphas, Continium, Eureka, Haven, Lost Girl, Merlin, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13, Defiance, Dallas, Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash, Leverage, Major Crimes, Perception, Rizzoli & Isles, Southland, The Closer, Burn Notice, Common Law, Covert Affairs, Fairly Legal, In Plain Sight, Necessary Roughness, Psych, Royal Pains, Suits, White Collar

Nominate as many as you like.  Finalists are selected by how many nominations they get. Comment either here or on Facebook.

Remember, we're looking for shows with compelling characters, colorful and exciting plot-lines, and continuing story elements.

Fellow Rippers, I await your input!

1 comment:

  1. I think I nominated, but just in case...Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead. (As if you didn't know)

    ReplyDelete