Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns: Final Voting Basic Cable Series

We're ready for the final voting!

Had to make some tough decisions from among a number of popular nominees.  I tried to strike a balance between different types of shows.  .

Please vote for one of the following:

The Walking Dead

If you're not watching this show, you are missing one of the best character driven dramas that has ever been on television.  It's hard to watch this show and not get sucked into their lives.  Alison and I like it so much that we watch the talk show Talking Dead that comes on after that..

Bates Motel

Surprising support for this well done little series.  It would seem like not a very promising premise for long term durability, and you kinda know how it's gonna turn out in the long run, but the series is doing a hell of a good job getting there.  Both Vara Farmiga as Mother and Freddy Highmore as Norman are excellent, and it sis fascinating to watch their characters evolve. Alison and I both enjoy this series.

Psych

Toss up as to whether or not to put this in the comedy category  but your votes helped me determine where to put it.  Closest thing on TV to a Bob Hope/Bing Crosby road picture.  Gus and Shawn are hilarious, and the interactions between the cast are infectiously fun, and makes you feel like they're part of the family. By far the best thing to come out of the USA factory of programs.  Alison, Benjamin and I are faithful viewers of this show.

The Killing

Moody and scenic, this is not the fastest pace on television. But it is intricate and character driven, and as its center two of Seattle's best cops, Holder and Linden, probably the best TV investigative pairing since Mulder and Scully.  A show you have to be patient with, but well worth letting it dwell and roll in your mind.  I watch this show, having caught it via streaming.  REally a great show to watch an episode or so a night over a couple of weeks.

Switched at Birth

This does not have Lindsay Lohan. It features two teen girls who were accidentally switched at birth, one into a rich family and the other into a significantly poorer household.  This show gets fairly good critical review, and I think is a pretty good balance to our list of final nominations.  I have never seen this ABC Family show.

So there you have it, folks!  Our five finalists!  I would love to keep voting open long enough to at least get a dozen or more votes.  That would be really swell. 

There's a good chance that some of you won't have seen any of these shows, or very little of them.  But if at this point you just want to take a stab at the Pinata and pick which show you think sounds the best - I am OK with that.  WE NEED THE VOTES!

Vote now!  On here or on facebook!

I await your judgement!

3 comments:

  1. Since the only one of these I have seen is Psych I guess I have to vote for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Rhonda. I did get your nominations and I appreciated that. The finalists shown here are the ones that got the most nominations. I would like to register my own vote for The Walking Dead.

    ReplyDelete