Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summertime in Theater World

Don't miss Flying Dragon's great second Broadway Revue coming the first two weekends in August!

Come join us and be entertained by some of your favorite numbers from "The Little Mermaid", "Grease," and "Beauty & the Beast" Show Times: Saturday, August 10th - 7:00 PM; Sunday, August 11th - 3:00 PM; Saturday, August 17th - 7:00 PM; & Sunday, August 18th - 3:00 PM Tickets - $5
Ruby Tuesday of Waycross will be hosting a community give back event for Flying Dragon Arts Center. We will be handing out flyers for this fundraiser. Show your flyer, when you pay your bill, and 20% of your total will be given back to the theater. This is a great way to support us, while also enjoying delicious food!


We are once again teaming up with RJ's Grill of Waycross, to bring you delicious barbeque. We will be taking orders for BBQ plates ($10), Boston butts ($20), & slabs of ribs ($20), from July 12th through July 21st. The deliciousness will be ready for pick-up on July 27th.


The above are just some of the events coming up at Flying Dragon on Tebeau Street.  They will also soon announce their new season and I will announce it on The Strait Line as soon as it is made public.  I can tell you that it will have a great storybook theme, and it will feature well known plays and works/adaptions by local writers.

WACT will be doing Dracula as their next show, in early October, but casting will probably be going on fairly soon, and I will share that when I find it out.









Bacon County Theater will be putting Bye Bye Birdie starting this weekend, and will feature the talents of Blake Kildow as Conrad Birdie.  They have a poster which I could not locate this morning, but I will add to this post as soon as I locate it.  UPDATE:  Now with poster!

If anyone knows of additional theater doings you would like me to share, please let me know and I will add it to this post.

2 comments:

  1. This may be a dumb question but ... where is RJ's Grill? Do they only serve bar-be-que? I have never heard of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are on State Street near the road you go on to go to OHC. I do believe they have some other things. If you search RJ's Grill on facebook, you should come across their page.

    ReplyDelete