Friday, December 13, 2013

A Christmas Carol Album!

Myself as Scrooge, and the delightful Sophia Finn  as Tiny Tim coming out for curtain call.  Sophia is just four years old, and is stealing the show with her delightful portrayal.  This old codger is just thrilled to be coming out with her and bask in the glow of her applause.  Sophia's father, Patrick, is also in the show, and is very impressive in the twin roles of Fezziwig and old Joe.

These three caballeros are waiting to greet the audience after the show.  The youngest is my son, Benjamin, doing an exemplary job in FOUR roles, playing a variety of ages and characters.  I am so very proud of him! I am in the middle, looking like I'm trying to hold my head in place.  The dapper gentleman at the end is Mark Williams, playing Charles Dickens.  He does a fantastic job of narration, and setting the tone and mood for this great play.


Our mighty caroler group, revving up a rousing rendition of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen right outside the office of Scrooge & Marley's, just to piss off Scrooge.  Well, that's my theory anyways.  The choir director here is the highly talented Alec Bunkley, a real gem in two roles as Fred, Scrooge's nephew, and Ebenezer, Scrooge in his twenties (before old age shrunk his height).

A fine group of thespians here!  In addition to my son at the end, there is Sophia Choudri, doing a charming turn as Fan; also in front on the right is Breauna Mello, playing the Laundress with aplomb; next to Benjamin is Ty Griffin, very good in a number of roles; Patrick Finn, excellent as Fezziwig and Old Joe; and in the back on the right is Marisa Williams, dressed as the Charwoman - I have rarely seen an actress as wonderfully expressive as her.

A huge motley crew of performers.  You can see that I am missing whatever neckwear I'm supposed to have.  I'm a fairly good actor, but sometimes I think my middle name is "Wardrobe Malfunction".

That's me in the costume I spend most of the play in.  I'm being shown "where to go" by the silent, eerie Ghost of Christmas Future, played with style by Justice Mousa.  Justice is not only a fine actress, but also an excellent singer, whom I had the great pleasure to hear sing at a talent show.

The young actress who has impressed me the most has been Marisa Williams,  In just the last year, she has demonstrated great range in the parts I've seen her play.  Her transformation between characters is truly amazing in this play.  Many don't realize until curtain call that it is the same actress playing both parts.  She has a very bright theatrical future ahead of her!


As of the first posting of this, there are still TWO more opportunities to see this special play, this wonderful gift to this community.  Please be sure to come out and see it, tonight or tomorrow at 8 PM.  Tickets $10.  At the Ritz in downtown Waycross.

No comments:

Post a Comment