Monday, December 30, 2013

Another Year End In the Hoosegow

Will my son be able to break me out of prison, riding his giant Disney ant?



Another year end.  Another trip to prison.  Sigh.

One again, I end the year in the hoosegow.  Once again, I set aside my phone and my most valuable possessions, to go alone into a correctional facility.  Armed only with a clipboard, a pencil, and a Dollar Value calculator, I will enter the belly of the beast, and try to tame the wild commissary inventory.

Wish me luck.

Even though it is only as an auditor, it is still kind of scary to go behind those walls, and wonder...am I going to get back out?  Will I pass too close to a prisoner?  How good do I look in orange?

In preparation for my experience, I watched the opening episode of the prison dramedy Orange is the New Black.  The facility looked amazingly like the one I'm going to.  I wonder if many of then are built using the same pattern and architecture.  The most important thing I learned....don't insult the chef.

I will post again when they finally let me out.

I bet you can't wait!



1 comment: