Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Intro to The Strait Line 101

Yes. I am aware the most popular bogs are niche themed creatures of habit.

Alison has blogs she goes to that specialize in healthy recopies and post new ones every day.  Some bloggers concentrate on certain occupations, sports team, TV show, celebrity or other special interest. The traffic builds because of the shared interest, and everyone knows what to expect.

I have trouble playing by those rules.  So mine varies too much to build up daily reliability, unless you are one of the small few who just like my writing no matter what it is about.

Nevertheless, there is a certain pattern to my posting, and if you look, particularly at the titles and the labels at the end of stories, you should be able to pick out those things most interesting to you.

The following is a listing of different kinds of posts you could pick from -

Monday Musings

General posts that have multiple topics that are posted on.....Monday!  They are usually a reflection of thoughts and experiences I've had over the weekend, or previous week.  Some blogs are completely journal/diary style entries, and this series comes the closest to that.  There is a lot of stuff about family, theater, things I've seen or read, things about work, random thoughts about politics/sports/religion or whatever comes to mind.  If you know me or my family, these are probably more interesting than if you don't.  But they're there, if you do know me, or are curious.

Ripping Good Yarns

I have a group on Facebook called Ripping Good Yarns, dedicated to enjoyment of melodramatic storytelling, and these posts are an extension of that.  It includes movies, TV, and books, and has posts ranging from reviews and commentaries, discussions of what's coming, and selections for Hall of Fame and or/other awards.  It the part that I do that could stand to use greater participation from readers and fans.  Please post replies and comments either here or on Facebook!

Saturday Political Soap Box

My thoughts and opinions about issues of the day, hopefully spurring debate and conversation.  I have done 81 soap boxes so far!  Hopefully, I at least get credit for perseverance.

Old Pat T Collection

These are my autobiographical stories, reaching back to early childhood.

Stories from a Stony Land

These are writings from the genealogical research done by my father. Ther are really very interesting, and are 95% my father's own words.

History of the Trap

My fictional story detailing being trapped in a high school for ten years, and are based on my own high school experiences.  These can be followed from the beginning by clicking the label at the end of the story chapter you are reading, or by going to the story site Wattpad.

Crowley Stories

Stories set in the fictional Southeast Georgia town that borders the swamp. Crowley.  These are stories that can be read independently.

Pseudo Poetry

I was writing something barely recognizably as poetry on Thursday nights, but the play schedule is over now, and I hope to get back to it.  Be afraid.  Very afraid.

Additionally, there are many stories that highlight and promote community theater, something very near and dear to me.  There are also religious posts, sometimes theological, sometimes just about my church, Grace Episcopal.  There are other random short stories. Sometimes I just caption pictures.  Other themes and posts just destroy any semblance of purpose or reason, and I could go anywhere and post about anything.

Please, though, I encourage you to sort through it, and pick out the parts most interesting to you.  And let me hear from you!  Feedback is greatly appreciated!





No comments:

Post a Comment