Monday, December 2, 2013

Post Thanksgiving Easter Eggs and Other Monday Musings

My son, Benjamin, talks about something he calls "Easter eggs" in his video games.  I'm not quite sure what they are, but I think they are surprises laid within his game, that rewards him for paying attention to certain things and gives him an advantage in other places in the game, or gives him special knowledge and/or clarification he didn't have before.\\

So here's your first Easter egg:  I'm going to reward faithful readers of these posts with the results of one of the most heated contests I've held in a long time - Fritos, Doritos or Cheetos?

The results?

Fritos     11
Cheetos   7
Doritos    4
All           2
None       1


I thank all who participated.  I will be sure to have Fritos at the Writer's guild meeting on December 10th.  Maybe the Christmas Carol cast party as well.

I only posted that comment once, but it engendered about as much response as anything I've done.  It may not seem like much, but in my world, it's quite a bit.  I had another friend post a comment and wound up getting over 130 likes.  A super biggie for me is in the 20 like range, usually if I say Benjamin achieved something.  The most likes my Song of the Day has gotten is four...most days it's goose eggs.

Speaking of eggs, here's another exciting Easter Egg!  Here are the current poll results to a question much more urgent and important! -

Which health care system do you choose? Here are the three choices: 1) Single payer. 2) Obamacare (the Affordable Care Act) 3) the Scroogian/Randian/Darwinian system that existed before the ACA.


Results to date, after multiple postings:


Single Payer   2 (including my vote)


Okay, that's it.  That's the results to date!

Break my heart, why don't you?


A Christmas Carol practices will be intense this week, followed by four performances.  I have conquered the challenge of memorization, but I am just beginning to be faced with the physical strain of doing it so often in so short a period of time.  

I have always played older characters, from my first play in ninth grade on.  It's just now I require less and leass makeup to do it.  Even the joke about needing less and less makeup is getting dangerous to express.  I joked that Scrooge didn't need much makeup to make him look old.  did I get disagreement? No.  Did I get laughter?  No.  Did I get nods of agreement?  Yes.  Sigh.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait



No comments:

Post a Comment