Friday, May 2, 2014

Flying Friday!




I'm going to a wedding!

In Michigan!

Ergo, the plane.

My one and only niece, Tiffany, is getting married, and Doug, my middle son, and I are going.  It should be a great time.  Her beloved, Derek, is a first rate gentleman, and they have been in love a very long time.  So this is a wonderful occasion and certainly due!

I am not taking the laptop, as I am trying to minimize what I transport for this quick weekend trip.  This means there may be no blog entries until I get back.  I am anxious to get back to my fiction writing, so that will be coming later, as well stories about the wedding, family, Ripping Good Yarn musings, more about upcoming plays and my usual precious political spins!

Alison and I saw Driving Miss Daisy last night and it is AMAZING!  First rate, funny and emotionally affecting, it is one NOT TO BE MISSED.  Anita Lynn as Miss Daisy and Eric Redmond as Hoke are perfect for their parts, and their line delivery and timing is about as good as theater gets.  It heightened the impact of everything they said.  Matt Knox as Boolie, Miss Daisy's son, is a very young actor who has already mastered the ability to effectively communicate his part.  Absolutely beautiful play, and if you live anywhere near Waycross, you OWE it to yourself to SEE it!

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment