Monday, May 12, 2014

Sweet Mother's Day Weekend and Other Monday Musings

Benjamin at church with his mother and his Meemaw.  Luckily I'm not in the shot, or you could see that he is also taller than me now.


Benjamin was a marvelous Prince of Mother's Day, including preparing a breakfast in bed for his Mama.  Toast, bacon and a banana, all ready for her by 7 AM!  He prepared it all before I got up, and had amazingly left the kitchen relatively intact, and nothing had burned down.  Needless to say, Alison was thrilled, with that, a card, and an Atlanta Falcons bracelet.  Well done, BenJerMan, well done!

That evening, Meemaw came over, and we carved up our big ol' butt (Boston Butt, delivered to us with a thanx and a hat;s tip from the Crane's), with baked beans and chips 'n' dip.  Afterwards we watched clips form the Jimmy Fallon show, and laughed a surprisingly large portion of our calories off.



Here comes BenJerMan, ready to save the day!


Another great event was the Mother/Son Superhero Party at the Okefenokee Heritage Center.  This was it's first year, and the turnout was amazing.  Dozens upon dozens of Batmans, Supermans, Spider-Mans, Captain Americas, and even a Magnificent Mattox (that one escaped even my legendary super-hero expertise).  And, of course, a whole incredible fleet of Super Moms!  It was the event's first year, and was fantastic success, and something that I think will get better and better each year.  This area has many father/daughter opportunities, but less so with mother/son, and it was good to see this offered.

We double-dipped Driving Miss Daisy, seeing it for the second time.  It was absolutely wonderful, Benjamin seeing it for the first time, and enjoying it a great deal.  Kudos to the cast and crew for a first-rate performance and experience.

I changed my Friday writing routine a little bit.  Instead of plunging right onto the computer first thing in the morning, I took Cocoa Bear for a good walk first.  Wow!  Was that helpful!  It kick started my brain enough to write a chapter and a half on History of the Trap, and a complete new Crowley story.  I would say that I easily wrote three times more than normal!  Unfortunately, I can't do that other mornings, as it would not allow enough time to write at all - pesky having to go to work!

Speaking of retirement, I don't know what disturbs me more.  Hearing about people younger than me retiring (I won't name any names, Carol Easlick), or someone who is 74 and still working full time  - not only working, but spending two or more hours a day commuting to that job!  

Until next time,

T. M. Strait








No comments:

Post a Comment