Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ripping Good Yarns: Vote for Your Broadcast Drama Finalist

It's time to vote for your favorite broadcast drama finalist!

You can vote for more than one, but if you do so, your vote will be fractured between those you selected.    Voting for two, for example,  will result in a 1/2 vote for each selected.

Vote from this year's finalists:


Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (ABC)

This show started out as a good show that developed into an excellent show, dialed to an 11 on a scale of 10.  Rather than ignore the Captain America movie, it tied in very smoothly to it, heightening the plot and intensity of the show.  Everything that helps clarify why Joss Whedon is the best television creator we have right now.  Of the shows on this list, it is the one that Alison, Benjamin and I watch together.



Downton Abbey (PBS)

At first glance, I did question whether show was really a ripping good yarn, that it might be too tea roomish and artsy for what my concept of what a ripping good yarn should be.  But then Alison and I began streaming past seasons, and I must admit we were hooked.    The servant/master relationship is a little hard for me to take sometimes, but it is character driven and has a great sense of history (time and place).  


The Blacklist (NBC)

The Blacklist has been a real gem this season, one that Alison and I follow with much anticipation of it's twists and turns.  James Spader is exceptional as the lead, who is both hero and villain.  When it is at its best, it's almost cinematic in its quality, like watching a first rate movie. 





Parenthood (NBC)

I don't watch this, but it's a favorite of Alison's.  Even though the show is melodramatic, it also comes across as realistic, as the characters face real crises, that are dealt with in realistic, character driven fashion.



Scandal (ABC)

This is another favorite of Alison's, but one I watch with her.  Yes, the politics are extremely unrealistic and over the top.  BUT it is the best roller coaster ride on television.  


There you have it!  YOUR five favorites, based on your nominations.  I think this is the first when one of the CBS dramas didn't make the list, but I am basing these off of nominations, and no single CBS drama got enough to make the cut.

One of the biggest responses I get is:  I don't watch any of these shows.  Yes, I understand.  But if you even vote for one you would most like to see someday, I'll take it.  My goal is to leave this up until at least 10 votes are in.  Oh, I would love to get dozens and dozens of voters, but that probably won't happen.  Who knows, though!  The Ripper revolution may be just around the corner!

Vote here on the blog or on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus!




4 comments:

  1. I guess I can't vote since I haven't seen any of these shows. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not there is a whole lot of doubt, but my vote is for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

    ReplyDelete