Monday, May 5, 2014

Michigan Matrimonial Magic and Other Monday Musings!

It was a great weekend for a Michigan wedding!

Windy but not raining, a delightful farm setting, with a beautiful loving couple, my one and only niece and her loving companion of  the last eight plus years,made it official this last Saturday.  It was a very special ceremony and celebration.

Set in a tent that was flapping in the in the wind, a large group of family and friends witnessed their dedication to each other.


Tiffany's loving father, my brother-in-law, Mike Easlick, proudly walks his daughter down the aisle.


The happy couple, Derek and Tiffany Burris, at the reception held after the wedding.  At the farm.  In a barn.  The game of clicking our plates and having them kiss eventually transformed into whenever we clicked a couple's names were drawn at random and they had to kiss.  I was there with my son Doug, and I have to say, thankfully, our names were not selected.




Daddy's Dance.






First dance for the new husband and wife.  All the special dances were set to country music.  Oh, well.  No plan is perfect.  There's only so much influence you can have over nieces and nephews, and sometimes, well, things just go off track a little.  




What a family!  Mike (proud Papa), new husband Derek, my beautiful niece Tiffany, my sister Carol, my nephew Nick and his wife Kristen. 



And, of course, very importantly, there was PIE.  From one of Michigan's greatest treasures, the Grand Traverse Pie company, there were five kinds served at the rehearsal dinner.  I did manage to buy one and bring it back to Alison Sunday.  It is her favorite, Blackberry Peach Crumb, and I have been accidentally helping her eat it.


I was up in Michigan with my son. Doug, and we had a great time hanging with each other.  We mostly talked, but we also got to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2.  It was a better movie than I anticipated, and I hope to have a fuller review later.  Doug is doing well in Atlanta, and recently passed another engineering test, increasing his knowledge and the scope of things he can do at work.  I am so glad that he is part of our lives, and has been such a wonderful friend and brother to Benjamin.  We hope to see him again soon.


Until next time,

T. M .Strait

1 comment: