Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Home with Boss-A-Man Wednesday Wanderings



Yep.

Think I'll take the day off with Boss-A-Man, and just stay at home.

I'm supposed to be semi-retired, after all.  And we're starting to slide more towards the time of year when I should be able to take more time off from my accounting career.

--------------------------------------

The election is sliding closer, and it's hard not to think of topics that don't involve politics.  I have come to the point where I understand that every scenario is going to cause difficulties.  Some, including myself, have called this the most critical election of our lifetime.  That's true in a way, but I've come to believe that the original sin was the Russian influenced narrow electoral college election victory of Trump.  That put a permanent stain on US History, a stink we may not recover from, at least with democracy intact.

Can a Democratic majority in the House and/or Senate stem that tide?  Somewhat, yes.  But it will raise a new set of challenges and concerns.   One I'll try to spell out later.  Right now, I'm going to wander away from this topic. 

----------------------------------

I love scripted television!  More and more of what I watch is on the streaming services, and it's all pretty good stuff.  Currently, we are watching The Man in the High Castle, where the Nazis have won WW2, and the United States is split between the Germans and Japanese, with a small neutral zone in between.  Imagine an America controlled by fascists!  Hard to believe, ain't it?  Okay, maybe a little less hard to believe each day.

We're also watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and it is truly marvelous.  A fast-talking, sharp-witted show by the Gilmore Girls creator, it brilliantly evokes a place and time.  I know it's been out for a while, but that's the thing with the newfangled streaming thing - everybody watches stuff at their own pace, rather than at the same time as everyone else.

I'm also seeing The Haunting of Hill House.  Three episodes in, I'm still unsure of my verdict.  I think if I had seen some of the stuff those people did as kids, I would be an even more messed up adult than they are

-------------------------

Sports!  What a great sports weekend!  Michigan Wolverines, Detroit Lions, and Atlanta United - all with significant victories!  The United will be in the playoffs, but with one game to go, it's still up in the air as to whether they'll be first or second.  They have a one-point edge over the New York Red Bulls.  If the Red Bulls win, Atlanta has to win.  If the Red Bulls tie, Atlanta has to tie or win (I think).  If the Red Bulls lose, then it doesn't matter - it's first-place United party time!  Woohoo!

Even if the Wolverines win out the rest of the year, it doesn't mean they are a lock to be in the college championship playoffs.  I mean, it's not like they're an SEC team or anything.

-------------------------------------

I've got some editing ahead of me, as I try to look at The Extra Credit Club to date,  If I can finish that, I will start plotting out the next chapter.  Other projects are figuring out a market for My Europa, promoting A Christmas with Pegasus, and figuring out what the hell Bookbaby is doing with Crowley Stories.  Over three months in and they still have not released any sales information.  It's hard to figure out a marketing plan when you get no marketing information.

---------------------------------

I am happy that the weather here is finally breaking into late Summer.  Maybe in a month or so we'll hit early Fall.

-------------------

I've wandered enough today.  Boss-A-Man wants some well-deserved attention.

Wanderingly Yours,

T. M. Strait







No comments:

Post a Comment