Tuesday, October 16, 2018

No More Memes! (For Now)

I've just about had it.

Nothing seems to work.  There is no persuasion going on.  There is only reinforcement of already held beliefs and aggravation to those who disagree.  I am also causing people to unfollow me, as some are causing me to unfollow them.

It's not working, and it's not helping my desire to do what I can to lower my blood pressure.

I am going to cut my sharing political mems for awhile. 

We all are creating our own political bubbles.  It's overwhelmingly apparent to me that the President proves himself unfit for office multiple times each and every day.  Those who seem oblivious to how horrible Trump is?  I can't even begin to imagine what they're seeing every day that keeps them clinging to that belief.

So, I.m going to stop posting political memes designed to provoke and convince that Trump is the colossal danger he is showing himself to be.

I still intend to share positive statements by candidates running for office.  These include Lisa Ring, Greg O'Driscoll and Stacey Abrams.

I will always post things in support of universal healthcare.  Deal.

And, of course, I will say whatever I want to (within a PG-13 framework) on my blog.  The truth is, as hard as it is for me to accept, very few people read my blog.  I know this because when I post my blog entries to Facebook and other social media, they get very little response.  When I share a politically challenging meme, I get a lot of likes, and a few Trumpeteers come out of the woodwork.

Recent events, like ripping children from their parents, and the Kavanaugh hearings, and watching the reactions of the Trumpeteers around me, has crushed my spirit and made me question whether I really know these people at all.  Their frame of mind is stunning, discouraging and heartbreaking.

So, we'll see how long this lasts.  Maybe only a day.  Until Trump does something so egregious and stupid that it's just too much not to share memes about.

But I can do it.  I can hold steady for now.

OMG!  He's pretending he didn't promise a million dollars to charity if Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test and revealed her native American ancestry!

And...rogue killers?  Are you kidding me?  The president is being the lead for Saudi Arabia  in promoting insane theories about "rogue killers?"

Sigh.

This is going to be way more difficult than I thought.



2 comments: