Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Lamentations in a Trumpian Age

I feel numb.

I feel dispirited.

I feel alone.


I have no allies.

I have no friends.

I have no one who understands.


I see no way out.

I see a dark horizon.

I see nothing but a sea of despair.


I want to have hope.

I want to believe they'll get woke.

I want to think that light will someday shine again.


I fear the bottomless pit.

I fear that nothing matters.

I fear all signs will be ignored.


I live for the tiny victories.

I live under the crush of all the setbacks.

I live knowing I'm surrounded by the led.


I trust that meaning will be restored.

I trust, but it remains unverified.

I trust no more, now no more I trust.


I beseech thee, Lord, help me fight the gloom.

I beseech thee, Lord, let there be light somewhere, someday.

I beseech thee, Lord, they know not what they do.



I know we are the many.

I know they are the few.

I know that will mean nothing

                            when democracy is gone.









No comments:

Post a Comment