Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Back Into the Sub...Just Not As Deep

Tax season is over.

My mini-break is over.

It's back into the submarine I go.  It's just now the dives won't be as deep or as long.

There are plenty of work and other deadlines and work to keep us going all year round.  My schedule does change to four days a week, at 9 to ten hours a day, but those days will be filled with plenty to do.

Individuals extend and could bring in their information all the way up until October 15th.  The deadline for non-profit returns is in May.  Corporations do not always have December 31st years ends, so their returns are scattered throughout the year.  And we have audits scheduled at various times of the year.

At least for the next two weeks or so, I will notice little in the way of more time at home or to write.  Play practices for The Graduate have hit a high level of intensity, and I will actually be getting home later than in tax season.  I had been with children's theatre so long, I had forgotten that rehearsals could go late into the evening especially when it was all adults.

Also coming up in at the first of May is a school trip to New York City that Benjamin and Alison are taking.  I am very jealous, particularly that they are going to see a musical that I have always wanted to see performed on stage, The Phantom of the Opera.

After The Graduate, the next weekend is Benjamin's school play, Into the Woods, Jr.  Benjamin has been doing a great job, and has been promoted into a larger part.

Then around Memorial Day, we are planning a trip to Michigan to see my sister and my Dad, who will be 91 this June 29th.

So plenty to be busy about,  But not so busy that I can't stop a moment to hear the early birds chirping outside my window,

Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment