Monday, April 8, 2013

Final Week Countdown and Other Monday Musings

So it comes down to this.

One final week of tax season.  As I will explain in more detail next week, it is less of a milestone than you think.  Assignments do go on at a fairly healthy clip, nevertheless it does represent the end of certain stresses.  If nothing else, I should  start to get my Fridays back, which will be a great joy to restore my 10% retired status.

At some point this week, fresh returns should slow.  The week often becomes dominated by returns we have done days or weeks ago, where the clients comes in to pick them and realizes that something is missing, either something we left out or they did. It's okay.  It's just an expected part of the rhythm of the last week.

Even as my blog has been experiencing rapid growth, I have had to cope with the gradual diminution of my ability to write.  The first thing to go is serialized fiction.  It becomes virtually impossible to think about it enough to continue the threads of a story from one chapter to the next. There is just not enough brain wattage left.

The next thing left wanting is fiction in general.  My last Crowley story was weeks ago.

I have managed to keep up my Thursday night poems, although they may have become even more incoherent than usual, descending into avant-garde nonsense.

Ripping Good Yarns is hard to do, as the number of films and TV and books read is somewhat limited during this season.  Certainly my ability to have anything interesting to say about them.

Political stories are hard as my attention to politics is about nil.  I have been able to draw out some concerning the LGBT community, but I think I've said what I wanted there.

So be patient with me.  The Great Restoration is only a week away!

Meanwhile, Saturday was a fun day, as can be seen in my post from yesterday (The Strait's Fun, Wonderful, Really Good Day).  It was an important and invigorating respite, an important day to treasure, spending time with my son, Benjamin and later with Alison and some of our close friends. It was the perfect day to help me get through this next week.

I have play rehearsals for The Graduate Monday and Friday, and a Writer's Guild meeting Tuesday.  It should be interesting fitting those activities in, but I will do my best.  Lines for The Graduate are supposed to be memorized by April 15th.  April 15th.  Yeah, right.  Maybe by the 16th or 18th.  The 15th?  Probably not.

Well, I now head back into the breach!

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment