Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Hops Past and Other Monday Musings

Benjamin and Alison stand in front of one of our flowery bushes right after we got back form Easter services.  I think the bush may be azaleas, but I don't really know.  I'll have to ask somebody someday. 

Benjamin sings backup in the choir on Easter Sunday.


Easter was very nice this year.  We went to all the Holy Week services, not something I always achieve during these busy tax seasons.  It was interesting to see the stripping of the altar on Maundy Thursday, to it's beautiful restoration at the Easter Vigil.
The Easter service was packed, including many, ummm, less frequent attenders.  That was fine.  I do wish more had gone to the Easter Vigil the night before, as that was a very vibrant and moving service.  It starts in the dark, only lit by candles, and then explodes to life when the lights come on and we see the altar fully restored. I got to do several bible readings during the candle portion, which I enjoyed doing, even in the dark.  I love to read aloud, and try to bring the bible to life for parishioners.

We also attended the church Easter Egg Hunt, and it was the first year that Benjamin "assisted" rather than "hunted".  Our boy was growing up.  He had a blast helping the younger ones find the eggs we hid.  He especially had fun assisting four-year-old Eli Cook (son of our friends, Karissa and Jeff Cook), who was dressed as Batman for the occasion.
Final blog numbers show my best page views to date.  4,134 page views besting my previous monthly high of 2,694.  This exceeds my previous high by 1,440!  The only explanation is that I'm generating more and more interest beyond the postings I put on Facebook.  I wish I could make the same report on earnings, but that has not shown similar growth.  I'm excited, but I also feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein, when you see your creation take on a life of it's own, and you wonder how long you can retain control.

We watched The Walking Dead finale last night.  I don't want to reveal any spoilers, so suffice to say that the show remains one of the most awesome on television, and that we can't believe we have to wait until Fall to see new episodes.

I have two full weeks to go in tax season.  Things will change a bit, but work will still go on.  The only difference is I may get my Fridays back, and hopefully I will have enough brain wattage available to return to more fiction writing.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait





No comments:

Post a Comment