Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heading for a Break or a Break Down?

Huzzah!

Tax season is over!

Time for a break!

Or not.

There has been no official announcement at our work regarding the potential of a "mini-break" celebrating the end of tax season.  We often get a day or day and a half when the office is closed, but there has been nothing said yet this year.  We have been acquiring more and more payrolls that make it difficult to fully close the office.  Still, there is a possibility of a staggered break, with staff taking off different days,but there is no word on that either.

Meanwhile, other deadlines rush in to take the place of the expired ones.  We have many who extend, and we will be working with their returns until the middle of October.  The 990 form for non-profits is due very soon.  We will have audits in the coming months, including a big one that takes much of summer.  Do not stress that we will not have plenty to do.

And I also hardly notice the change because the play that I am practicing for, The Graduate, has kicked it up a notch, practicing late now four nights a week.  And I need to rapidly get this old, tired mind to memorize his part.

Nevertheless.

I will return to my 36 hour schedule, with Fridays off, as I resume my 10% retirement.

Alison and I will be taking a short trip very soon, a three day getaway to North Georgia.  This will be our first trip together in quite awhile, and we are very much looking forward to it.

As May moves in, Alison and Benjamin are part of a school trip to New York City, then I will have The Graduate performances, and then Benjamin will be Into the Woods at his school, and later in May, we will take a trip to Michigan to see my father and sister.

Nevertheless.

It would really do my mood good if they would not be so mysterious and just tell us what day, if any, we can have off.

Harrumph!


No comments:

Post a Comment