Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ripping Good Yarns: Short Series Awards!

My legion of Ripping Good Yarn fans, I am proud to announce the second group  of our awards, given in the category of Short Form Dramas (13 episodes or less)!  Two awards will be given in this category, one will be the Ripping Good Strait Award that is solely determined by me because well, to paraphrase one of my least favorite politicians, Ronald Reagan, "I own this microphone!"  The first will be the Ripping Good Fan award determined by all of your votes!

Ripping Good Fan Award, Short Form Drama

Justified received 0% of the vote.

Hall On Wheels received 6% of the vote.

The Walking Dead received 13% of the vote.

Missing received 25% of the vote.

And with 38%, the winner of our short form drama award (drum roll, please!)......


Falling Skies!

Thank you, Spielberg fans.  And please note, the premiere of this show is TONIGHT on TNT at 9 PM!


Ripping Good Strait Award, Long Form Drama

A Game of Thrones!  Truly an awesome show, representing the very best of character, continuing adventure and great storytelling.  A marvelous translation of the best book series I have ever read, The Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R Martin.  I know that this is an HBO series and not all of you get to see it, but for those of you can, DO NOT PASS IT UP!!! If you read fiction and you have not started this series...WHY NOT???  It is tremendous!

But let's not rest on our laurels.  Start commenting on who would like to consider for our next great award...Comedy Series.  Any comedy, short or long, that ran during the current season (September 11 to present) and has great characters, exciting (and funny) plots, and at least some continuity elements. Comment either here or on Facebook.

Remember, we're looking for shows with compelling characters, colorful and exciting plot-lines, and continuing story elements.

Fellow Rippers, I await your input!

2 comments:

  1. I'll accept that. Watched it in the beginning then stopped, not sure why. Should check it out again. Glad Missing received so many votes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know why you stopped watching Falling Skies...it's too scary!!! WAY TO SCARY! I like Missing...on the edge of your seat action..with a small fright now and then...but, Falling Skies is scaaaarrrryy...almost like one of the "pick em off one at a time" horror flicks. brrrr. I watch it, though, with my husband, because he looooves it. I just have to fb at the same time because it allows me to block out the scary stuff. Yeah. I'm a chicken.

    ReplyDelete