Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013: A Year In Pict Chures

Benjamin dancing on the newly floored living room of our new home.  We made the big move to Glenwood Drive of February 14th.  It has been a great home and wonderful neighborhood.  It is a great place to walk and we have high speed internet.


I received the Martha Davis award for Community Art Contributions, one of the greatest honors of my life, thanks to the wonderful people at Flying dragon.  Kimberly Back, my dear friend, is shown here giving a moving speech at the ceremony.


Benjamin was in a play at the middle school called Into the Woods, Jr.  He played Rapunzel's prince.  I'm not sure R%apunzel ever actually looked at him once during the play.  Ah, the joys of middle school romance!

This sign, painted and designed by Leslie Crane, is our symbol and poster for the new artistic guild I helped create at the Okefenokee Heritage Center, The Okefenokee Writer's Guild.

Benjamin joined Cotillion and learned much about manners, dancing, and how to treat a lady.  Here he is dancing with a very special lady - his mother.  Ah, if only Rapunzel knew.

I was in The Graduate in May.  It was one of the best top to bottom casts I've ever worked with. with everyone putting in topnotch performances.  Julianna Lacefield, seated in the front right (left?  I don't know directions well - anyway - she's the blonde), did an excellent star turn as Mrs. Robinson.

We were just supposed to foster her, but we fell in love with Pixie Dust, and now she is a full member of our family. Look at her.  Could you let her get shipped off to Canada?

I got to play once again my favorite part in theatre, Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.  It was a great cast, and we had wonderful audiences, record crowds for a non-musical.  Scrooge has such a range of emotions, it is a delight to play, and the meaning of the play (loving and sharing and caring is more powerful than hating and greed and selfishness) is so special to communicate.  It's the one role I would come back to, again and again, as often as I could.

We went to two Disney parks in December, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It was expensive as all get out, but it was well worth it as a positive family experience.

I continued to make progress on a number of writing projects, and I determined to make 2014 a year of breakthroughs.  This sign came as an anonymous gift at Christmas time.  Whoever you are, I thank you most sincerely.

I lost my father on September 22nd.  This is a picture of him, taken probably in the late sixties or early seventies.  He was a great man, the best father ever, and I will cherish his memory always.


No comments:

Post a Comment