Monday, January 6, 2014

Into the Depths!



The descent has begun.

I am not ready for it, but it is too late to un-enlist.

So down I go for a three and a half month tour.

The hope that I could phase out of this, that I could rise to the surface occasionally, have been somewhat dimmed this year compared to last.  But c'est la vie.  Here I be.

Trips out of town will be few to none.  I am not able to a play.  I have to say no to a lot of things and events that I am asked to.

I will keep up with my writings as best I can.  There is still the illusion in my head that within writing lies the Golden Ticket.  It may not be true, but the dream helps keep me company down here in the depths.

I will do my best to work with and maintain the Writer's Guild.  Hopefully, I can help be a part of selecting new officers that will help keep it a growing and vital part of Heritage Center and the community.

I will do my best to fulfill my responsibilities as Treasurer of the Flying Dragon Arts Center.  I am supposed to write a play for them, and frankly, right now, that is an iffy proposition, but I will have to see where I am at on that in the next couple of months.

I have been elected to Vestry at my church, and I will need to fulfill that.  Grace Episcopal is an important part of our lives, and it is undergoing difficult times, as changeover in who is attending has left a fiscal shortfall at the church.

And I will not forget my family.  Their needs have to take priority.  But, I guess, in a way, they're one of the major reasons I stay in the sub.  Part of our needs are fiscal, so...it's down periscope....off to the depths I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment