Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snowmaggedon Canceled and replaced by......FLAKEQUEST 2014!

Where the snow be???


From my driveway, as far out as I could get without wrecking my cellular device.  The white patch on the driveway is.....concrete.  There is a light cold rain, with very little wind.  No snow.  No sleet.  No ice.  
They told me there was sleet so I went out the back door of the office and this was what I captured.  I am sorry if the shocking nature of these photos are disturbing you, but I thought it was important to chronicle the truth.


The weather machine on my cellular device told me it was going to snow at 3:30.  This is the view out the attic window in my office.  Out of all the pictures in my imagination, I never quite dreamed it would be like this.


Sleet?  A tiny bit.

Icing?  If you look hard, there may be a little.  I haven't gotten much feedback yet, but I was just outside and saw a little on a plant and Alison's car.  Nothing on the driveway or road. 

Snowflake?  None noted by anybody, no verifiable sightings.

School was called off yesterday, and the start today delayed two hours.  At first, you think, they're being over-cautious, but then you see pictures of what happened in Atlanta, with some of the worst traffic jams of modern times as everyone left work and school at the same time, while the storm was in full swing.  Given that, I'll take our over-cautious route.

Still, I would have liked to see a little snow.  That would have been neat, and a reminder that seasons do occur.

FLAKEQUEST 2014 continues!



1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! I knew you'd Leno this one up!

    ReplyDelete