Friday, September 23, 2016

2016 Gridless Friday Fall TV


What up, Tom?  Didn't you say this was about Fall TV?  Why are you showing us a picture of a show that doesn't come back until 2017?

Because Season 6 of Grimm is the only Friday show I'm interested in watching.  And i want to use some kind of a picture.  I'd rather it be of a show I liked.


THE GRID IS GONE!

So sorry, but no grid this year.  They're hard to find, and with the explosion of television choices, they are difficult to impossible to pull off.  I will go hour by hour, telling you the scripted shows that are available.


8 PM!

CBS has the new show MacGyver (Sep 23) Did I say this was new?  It sounds so familiar.  He can do anything with the most mundane of supplies...and very clever writers.  I think I'm going to skip this one.

ABC's Last Man Standing Anatomy (Sep 23) begins Season  6.  You see, it's amusing because he has all these females in his house, and he's just a bumbling male idiot who has a tool program.  Ok, that may only be partly right.

CW has Season 8  of The Vampire Diaries starting October 21st.  I can only conclude from the title that it features vampires who like to write a lot.

8:30 PM!

ABC has Season 2 of Dr. Ken (Sep 23)   The series star, Ken Jeong, promises twists!  Does that mean there'll be a DANCE-A-THON???!!!


9 PM!

CBS has Season 7 of Hawaii Five-O (Sep 23). So will this remake last longer than the original?  I don't know, but it has a ways to go yet!  The original ran 12 seasons!!!

Fox premiers The Exorcist (Sep 23).  So why am I, Tom Strait. not interested in this?  I don't know.  Maybe because I feel this kind of show is better done on basic cable or premium channels? I may sample it.  I might not.  This is one where critical review could make a difference to me.

CW has Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Oct 21), IT'S STARTING SEASON 2!  It's the lowest rated show to get a renewal.  Critics love it!  I was neglectful and forgot to Alison about it, otherwise she would probably be watching it.  Oh, well.  Maybe someday streaming?


10 PM!

CBS has Season 7 of Blue Blood (Sep 23).  It stars Tom Selleck  minus the Tiger cap,  He's like chief of police or something.  Does he live on a boat?

HBO has the premiere of High Maintenance (Sep 16).  It's about a marijuana delivery service.  Even though I get HBO , I'm skipping it.  I get that marijuana is not as dangerous as other drugs or even alcohol, I just don't care for drug humor. This was originally a web series.

Cinemax premieres Quarry (Sep 9), a crime story set in 1970s Memphis.  I might watch this if I had Cinemax, but I don't.

Syfy has the premiere of Van Helsing (Sep 23).  You wake up and find vampires have conquered the world!  You cry out, "CORAL!"  Sorry.  Wrong show.  It's got good pedigree so I will sample.


THE ONE AND ONLY SATURDAY SHOW....

is BBC America's Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. spun off from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Oh, yez.  There will be sampling.


IN SUMMARY

l'll wait until 2017 for Grimm.

I'll MAYBE sample The Exorcist and  Van Helsing and both Benjamin and I will sample Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

And please don't tell Alison about Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.







No comments:

Post a Comment