Friday, September 2, 2016

In the Storm's Heart



So the storm passes over us.

It is raining.

There is wind.

We have a few downed limbs, including some that have crashed onto our metallic roof.

Our side yard now has a pond.

We have power, at least so far.  It may take much of the day to pass.

Benjamin and Alison are home, with school called off for both student and staff.

I don't work on Fridays, so I don't know whether Higginson & Paulk is open or not,  I have heard of some business losing.

It is accelerating.  Alison was on our screened-in porch when she just saw a major limb from a neighbor's pecan tree fly off and land in their yard.  She came in when limbs off our oak tree  started
to hit the porch roof.

I hope all my friends and family in this area stay safe.  I hope, except for essential personnel, that your employer is smart enough to let you stay home.  And God Bless and keep those first responders safe.

I will update this post as circumstances and electricity allows.

UPDATE:



This stick fell and stabbed itself into the ground.  Glad I wasn't underneath it when it happened, or I'd be daggered.




Our pile of debris that we accumulated after the storm had passed.

All in all, more of a moderate storm than a hurricane or even tropical storm.  We experienced no power outages, no tornadoes, just a many downed limbs - none of which hurt home, people or pets.












No comments:

Post a Comment