Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Slowed Down Wednesday Wanderings

My dog, Ellie (with Pixie) in her "sophisticated dog about chair" pose.

My dog Ellie, waiting for me to come back home.  The other dog is our Cocoa Bear.


The Interwebs are Dial-Up slow this morning.  I have no idea why.  Some days it just has a mind and speed of its own.

I wanted to start off with a picture of my dog, Ellie, but I may have to add it in later. (UPDATE: Pictures added - took awhile but I did it!)

Ellie had a health crisis over the weekend,  She wasn't moving much, and she was occasionally yelping in pain.  Her back was hunched and she seemed to have trouble moving her back legs.  She was shaking a little, eating very little, and throwing up a bit.

We took her to the vet Monday morning, and she has some disc problems in her back.  He gave her a shot and some medicine, a treatment that will last the next week or so, and I am happy to report that she is moving much better.  Her back is not hunched, she is not yelping, and her appetite is slowly improving.

She still moves slowly, but Ellie has always been a bit that way.  She's always been like Uncle Joe, moving kinda slow at the junction (Petticoat Junction! - or in Ellie's case, Glenwood Junction).  She is a slow moving dog, has been since seven years ago when he we rescued her.

We rescued Ellie as an adult dog, so we really have no idea how old she is.  He muzzle has grayed considerably, and she has always been a sedate dog.  She is EXTREMELY affectionate with people and other animals.  She greets everyone warmly, with unconditional love.  She'll get excited and bark with the other dogs sometimes, but it's not really her thing.

I loves my Ellie very much, and as I move closer to a more reduced work schedule, I look forward to spending more time with her.

My current work schedule is slowing at least a hair.  Although the corporate deadlines are still a day away, I can see the end of it, and I have none really pressing me right now.

What has not slowed is the play practice schedule.  We are getting more serious, and the practices have been running longer.  It is coming together very nicely, although we are plagued by the modern problem in community theater - fractional attendance.  It's important for an ensemble cast in something as finely tuned as a murder mystery to have a lot of full cast practices, to help improve reaction and movement, and hopefully we'll get that in the next couple of weeks.

TV is slowing down, gearing up for the new fall season that starts soon.  Many of the summer series we watch are wrapping up, while the new ones have not yet started.  It's giving us a chance to watch the streaming show Jessica Jones, and for me to watch early Homeland episodes.

Slowing down sometimes can be a nice thing.  Especially when you're with family and friends.

And a very special little dog named Ellie.

My dog Ellie, recuperating in her doggy bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment