Friday, September 23, 2016

2016 Gridless Thursday Fall TV


The best Thursday Fall scripted show is on ABC at 10 PM.  It's Season 3 of How to Get Away With Murder (Sep 22)!  The plotting of this show is wild, and you really have to suspend your desire for realism, but it is a great ride.  They pack more into their short seasons than most shows do, and it is a great example why shorter seasons may be the coming thing even on broadcast TV.

This looks like the most promising Thursday newcomer.  It's Pitch on Fox at 9 PM.  The first female major leaguer! It's a great idea!  One that was on my projected novels-to-write list about thirty years ago.  Well, they be fast and I be slow.  The downside to me trying it?  I forgot to DVR  it, I do believe.  Just too darn busy with practicing for an upcoming theater production, And Then There Were None (see it at the Ritz starting Thursday Sep 29!). I hope it's on Hulu.


THE GRID IS GONE!

So sorry, but no grid this year.  They're hard to find, and with the explosion of television choices, they are difficult to impossible to pull off.  I will go hour by hour, telling you the scripted shows that are available.


8 PM!

CBS has Season 10 of The Big Bang Theory (Oct 27).  This is confusing.  See Monday night, where it's also listed.  Something to do with Thursday Might Football. I don't know.  Just go with it.

Fox has Season 2 of Rosewood (Sep 22), starring Morris Chestnut.  A medical crime drama.  Not sure.  I've not seen it.

NBC has Season 2 of  Superstore (Sep 22), starring America Ferrera. I think this is our biggest miss in deciding what shows to watch.  It shows the work world as many Americans now have to face it - low paid and treated like crap.  We'll probably have to stream it when things slow down (hah!).

ABC's Grey's Anatomy (Sep 22) begins Season 13.  This show represents the beginning of the age of Shondaland (super TV creator Shonda Rhimes).  Medical drama. McDreamy still on there?  Some of my Rippers are big fans..

CW has Season 2 of DC's Legends of Tomorrow starting October 13th.  Not a great show, but a fun one,  It will be introducing some more villains into it, including Damian Darhk and Reverse Flash, and will also introduce the JSA's  (Justice Society of America - a favorite group of mine) Vixen.

8:30 PM!

NBC premieres The Good Place (Sep 19, then Sep 22).  Alison is very excited about this program.  She is a huge Kristen Bell fan.  It's about the afterlife, and a strange little corner of it managed by Ted Danson's character.  I already screwed up recording the first two episodes, so once again, praying for Hulu help.

CBS has new comedy The Great Indoors (Oct 27).  It feature's Community's Joel Mchale as an outdoors sports writer who now has to come to the big city and manage the staff.  I picture pup tents in the bullpen.


9 PM!

CBS has Season 4 of Mom (Oct 27). I don't watch, but I really like Jamie Pressley.  Does it still have Jamie Pressley?  Let me know. .

Fox premiers Pitch (Sep 22).  Yeah, it's already been on and I forgot to record.  I know.  I'm late putting out these previews.  What can I say?  These are the most time consuming of all the blog entries I put out, and have I told you?  I'm busy practicing for a play, And Then There Were None, that starts at the Ritz this Thursday Sep 29 (I wonder how many times I can 'pitch' that).

NBC has Season 2 of Chicago Med (Sep 22). Sorry.  I'm completely out of anything else to say about Chicago, except....HOW BOUT THEM CUBS!

ABC has new program of Notorious (Sep 22).  Please note:  It's NOT a Shondaland program.  It's something inspired by a producer of Larry King and her lawyer.  I kid you not.  Enter at your own risk.

CW has Supernatural (Oct 13), IT'S STARTING SEASON 12!  This is unprecedented for a show of its type, and on American broadcast TV.  I salute you!  I'm way too far behind to ever watch you, but I salute you!  Many Rippers LOVE this program!


9:30 PM!


CBS has Season 2 of Life In Pieces (Oct 27)  It's a big comedy with an all-star cast.  Sorry.  That's all I got.


10 PM!

CBS has the premiere of Pure Genius (Oct 27).  It's a hospital show, with a techie in charge of improving the hospital.  Given the name, there must be one or more really smart people.

NBC has Season 4 of The Blacklist (Sep 22).  James Spader still makes the best anti-hero on television. Thank God I remembered to DVR this one.

ABC has Season 3 of How to Get Away With Murder (Sep 22)  See above.  When I started college, I wanted to be a lawyer.  Didn't happen.  Wanted to get out of school earlier to help my girlfriend,  whose father had passed, finish her own schooling.  That didn't happen either.  She finished school, all right, but broke up with me soon after my academic course was rearranged.  That's right.  I'm down to personal anecdotes now.

FX has new Comedy Better Things (Sep 8).  I think it's about an actress and her family.  Sorry, I may have better things to watch.  Indeed, Stranger Things.

USA has new drama Falling Water (Oct 13)  It's about dreams, and how they affect your real life.  The previews look awesome, so we'll be checking it out.  What the hell happened at USA?  They used to present pablum and crap (Psych excepted), and now they're doing edgy stuff like Mr. Robot.  SO MANY CHOICES!!!.


IN SUMMARY

Benjamin and I will watch DC's Legends of Tomorrow..

Alison and I will watch The Good Place, How to Get Away With Murder, and The Blacklist.  We intend to sample Falling Water.

I alone will sample and most likely watch Pitch.  If I can find the first episode.







No comments:

Post a Comment