Wednesday, September 21, 2016

2016 Gridless Monday Fall TV



Timeless on NBC at 10 PM is my vote for most intriguing new Broadcast network Fall TV Show.  It's time travel premise sounds better than most, with a history professor chasing a determined villain desirous of changing history in provocative ways, I'm fired up and ready!



My favorite show on Monday is Supergirl, now on CW, with Season 2 premiering at 8 PM on October 10.  This is the very best of the single super-hero shows on network TV.  Her humanity and dedication to others shines through, and the ensemble cast is great.


THE GRID IS GONE!

So sorry, but no grid this year.  They're hard to find, and with the explosion of television choices, they are difficult to impossible to pull off.  I will go hour by hour, telling you the scripted shows that are available.


8 PM!

CBS has Season 10 of The Big Bang Theory (Sep 19) and then the new series Kevin Can Wait (Oct 24).  The Big Bang Theory has more nerd laughs per minute than any other show in television history.  Kevin Can Wait is a star vehicle for Kevin James, and is a subtle variation on his hit sitcom, King of Queens (different character/similar behavior).

Fox has Season 3 of Gotham (Sep 19), a show I watch, but am disappointed in its overly dark mood and high body count.  The most interesting part is watching the growing maturation of the young characters who will become Batman and Catwoman.

CW has Supergirl starting October 10th.  As mentioned above, my favorite show of the  night, and is watched by the whole family.

8:30 PM!

CBS has the new comedy show Man With A Plan (Oct 24th) starring Matt LeBlanc.  It's a bout a father who has to take on more responsibility for raising his three kids.  Sorry.  That's all I got on it.

9 PM!

CBS has Season 6 of Two Broke Girls (Oct 10).  Six seasons and I've never seen a single episode.  The showrunner says they want the girls to have some success this year.  Hard to maintain a working class comedy, I guess.

Fox has Season 2 of Lucifer (Sep 19).  This is one of the few comic book series on television that I don't watch.  It's from DC's Vertigo line and I am not really sure why it's never caught my attention.

CW has Season 3 of Jane the Virgin (Oct 17).  I've never seen it, but it sounds like soapy novella style fun.

9:30 PM!

CBS has a new The Odd Couple (Oct 17) on the air! Wow!  This must have just started....no, wait.  It's Season 3!  Wh-h-hat???  How did that slip by me?  It stars Friend's Matthew Perry as Oscar and Thomas Lennon as Felix.

10 PM!

CBS has Scorpion (Oct 3) Season 3,  Something about high IQ nerds as an espionage team?  Anyways it stars Katherine McPhee, who is a good singer.

NBC has Timeless (Oct 3).  As I've stated above, this is my most anticipated new Fall show.

ABC has another new show, Conviction (Oct 3), starring Agent Carter....uhhh, I mean Hayley Atwell.  She stars as a lawyer who is also a former First Daughter, and specializes in investigating wrongful incarcerations.  Too bad Netflix didn't pick up Agent Carter.

MTV has a new comedy called Mary+Jane (Sep 5).  Can't imagine what that would be about.  Clue 2:  Snoop Dogg is an Executive Producer. Clue 2: It's about a marijuana delivery business,  OK, so that's not much of a riddle.


IN SUMMARY

The whole family will watch Supergirl.

I will watch Timeless.  Whether I will be joined by others is any one's guess.

And I alone will stagger through Gotham, hoping somehow it will turn into a better show.

I may watch one episode of The Odd Couple just to see what they've done, but honestly?  Probably not.




















No comments:

Post a Comment