Thursday, September 8, 2016

Blocked Writing

No, I don't have writer's block.  It's my pathway to writing that is being blocked.  I am ready and able but the clock is not.

I keep thinking my work will ease up, but it does not.

The April 15th deadlines have passed.  The month-long audit is complete.  But now we have the final extended deadline of September 15th of corporate returns, and I find the pressure greater than ever. Carving out writing time has become difficult.

It's not that I don't have ideas.

I have my one true fishing story in mind.

I want to get back to My Europa.

I need to edit my second book, Crowley Stories: Swamp's Edge.

I want to master Scrivener.

I have writings of my father to edit and post.

I would like to do more with Grace Lee's writings  and help her present them.

And you know I can't stop it with the politics.  Too much at stake to let that racist fascist authoritarian con man off the hook.

And I KNOW there are those who want me to get started on the sequel to History of the Trap.

And there is so much more.

But there are also corporate tax deadlines.

Sigh.

Being responsible blows sometimes.

In fact, the clock is telling me to cut this off now.  I really need to get to work early.

Write-cation has turned into Blocked Writing Central.


No comments:

Post a Comment