Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Always With the Tax Deadlines

Excuse my scattered nature, but it's time to regrip this morning.

It may not seem like much, but there is still a looming tax deadline.  October 15th is the last filing date for individuals who have used all their extensions.  We don't have as many as file on April 15th, but we do have some, enough to keep us fairly well occupied.

So it is time to set aside my mini-vacation, put in perspective my father's passing, and gear up to work for a little while.

Both Benjamin and I tried out for WACT's performances of A Christmas Carol, and hopefully we will have news on that soon.  It would be our first performance together on the WACT (Waycross Area Community Theatre) stage if we are both cast.  A Christmas Carol is the first play I had done at WACT back in 1997, where I was privileged to play Scrooge.

The government shutdown continues, and now they are threatening to drag the debt ceiling into it.  With all due apologies to my conservative friends, this one is a no brainer.  This is the Tea Party Republican's responsibility completely and utterly.  Don't believe me?  Flip it.  What if 40 liberal Democrats were holding up the government until a gun control bill were passed, or comprehensive immigration reform.  What if in the Bush administration the Democrats refused to raise the debt ceiling or shut down the government until the Bush tax cuts were repealed, or the Iraq War was ended?  This is madness, and I pray that you see it.

Sorry this is so short.  Hopefully after the 15th, I can refocus more on writing.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Tom, I was just thinking about that flip scenario using gun control....wow! I sure hope everyone gets it too! But I highly doubt it. I find it EXTREMELY hard to truly understand how anyone can think this is the president's fault. The problem is Boehner has backed himself into a corner and he doesn't know how to get out.

    ReplyDelete