Friday, October 4, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns: Friday Night TV Lineup 2013

The TV fall schedule review continues, with Friday's exciting lineup.  I deeply apologize that this does not have a picture of the Friday Fall Lineup with it, but I have been unable to get my printer to cooperate.  I will post a picture as soon as I can get it to work.

Please note that I am giving information about all shows except reality or news program.  Nothing wrong with them, just not a focus of Ripping Good Yarns, which concentrates on fictional storytelling.

CBS has Hawaii Five-O at 9 PM.  In its fourth season, this is another show my son Greg edits.  He helps make sure the colors look right.  If the Hawaiian sky looks beautiful, that may be his doing and not nature.  Blue Bloods is at  10.  It's a cop show with Tom Selleck and is starting its fourth season.

NBC goes horror Friday night, with Grimm's third season at 9 PM.  I watch this, and the characters have grown on me.  Particularly good is Silas Weir Mitchell as sidekick Monroe, and Claire Coffee as Adalind.   This season - maybe Zombies!   At 10 PM is new show Dracula, which I intend to give a try.  It's set in Victorian era London, so that's a big plus to me.  Definitely worth checking out is WACT's play Dracula, on this first two weekends of October.  If you are in the area, you need to check it out!

ABC has returning comedies Last Man Standing (Season 3) at 8 and The Neighbors (Season 2) at 8:30.  Tim Allen and aliens in the same hour.  Imagine that. 

The CW has The Carrie Diaries at 8 PM, in its second season.  Will this prequel to Sex and the City last as long as it's progenitor?  And if it does, will it meet itself in a circle coming the other way? And you thought the only time paradoxes were on Dr. Who!  Ha!

Alison watches nothing from this night (she sure misses the heck out of Friday Night Lights, though).  I will watch Grimm and check out Dracula.  The rest is up to you.  Let me know what you like from this night.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I watch from this list is Grimm. I usually surf....look at History Channel, AMC, FX, Travel, ID, etc....

    ReplyDelete