Friday, October 4, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns: Tuesday Fall TV Lineup 2013

The TV fall schedule review continues, with Tuesday's exciting lineup.  I deeply apologize that this does not have a picture of the Tuesday Fall Lineup with it, but I have been unable to get my printer to cooperate.  I will post a picture as soon as I can get it to work.

CBS features NCIS in its 11th Fall season at 8 PM, NCIS: Los Angeles at 9 PM in it's 5th, and Person of Interest in it's 3rd, closing out the evening at 10 PM. I thought the naval base was in San Diego but, okay, they must have something in LA as well. Someone named Ziva is leaving the cast of NCIS, and there seems to be some Ripper buzzer about that.  None of these shows are watched in the Strait household, but with streaming, who knows, maybe someday!

NBC has only one scripted show on Tuesdays, and that is Chicago Fire at 10 PM, in its second glorious season.  No, I don't anything about this show, other than it involves firefighters.  And I am told by those who do watch it, that it is not a cheesecake program, that the men don't take their shirts off.  Okay,sure.   

ABC starts at 8 with this season's most anticipated new show (for the Strait household), Marvel's Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. We saw the premiere episode and we rate it AWESOME.  It will be the lynch pin show at our house, the one show that is must see over everything else.  I group up reading Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD, and with Joss Whedon at the helm, I couldn't be happier.  At 9 there is the new comedy The Goldbergs, a family comedy set in the 80s.  It actually doesn't sound super horrible, and we might give it a try sometime.  At 9:30 is Trophy Wife, which centers a a man's third wife and dealing with the interconnectedness of ex-wives and step-children.  On paper, this one doesn't seem very promising to me.  I will be interested in the opinion of anyone who does sample it.   At 10 PM, ABC wraps up with Lucky 7, which ratings wise, so far, has not turned out to be that lucky!  Seven people split a large lottery prize, and we see out it effects their lives. If you want to see it, catch it quick.

Fox has a comedy night on Tuesdays.  Two news begin the night, Dads at 8 and Brooklyn Nine-Nine at 8:30.  Dads comes from Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, with all the cutting edge and questionable humor that implies.  It has been the most critically reviled of the new series, One of the new shows engendering the best critical response has been  Brooklyn Nine-Nine starring Andy Samberg and Andre Brugher.  It comes from the team that created Parks and Recreation, and centers on a police station (shades of Barney Miller!).  At 9 is New Girl, which is watched by Alison and me.  We love the characters, but sometimes the show is a bit over-sexualized.  Fox wraps up at 9:30 with The Mindy Project in it's second season. We started watching this last year, and then stopped.  It's not a bad program, but just didn't quite make the cut for us.

CW has a new spinoff of The Vampire Diaries at 8, called The Originals.  Good name for a show that is in essence "a copy" of another show.  At 9 is Supernatural in it's 9th season (yep, you heard that right - season number nine!).  This is definitely a show I hope to stream someday.

On cable, at 10 PM, FX has Sons of Anarchy in it's sixth season, bad bikers from...or good bikers...or sometimes good, sometimes bad. .

So, for the Strait's, we have two show that we will follow, Marvel's Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and New Girl.  How about you?



3 comments:

  1. I was mildly surprised that I enjoyed S.H.I.E.L.D. so much. Usually not my cup of tea. I think I will be sticking with it since it has piqued my interest. 9pm I am not so sure about...looks like a crummy time slot to me. 10pm is Chicago Fire. Have watched since the beginning and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like SHIELD. And usually the more you get to know Joss Whedon written characters, the more you're drawn in!

    ReplyDelete