Thursday, October 31, 2013

Raspberry Vanilla Journeys

I took another trip today
A destination far away
A place where I could taste the air
A cool crisp ting, a Fall so fair

I could ride a bike
I could take a hike
I could see her there
I could be somewhere

It was almost like flying
I felt almost like crying
I was almost home free
I almost didn't see her at the tree

How was it she was just sixteen
There is not what I could have seen
But there she was, waiting for me
Hand reaching out towards me

I smell her first
I breath it with a thirst
Raspberry Vanilla wafts to my soul
Memories flood me, to me roll

My heart races a thundering gallop
My brain exploding from the top
I moved closer to my dream
Hand extending into your seam

Just as we were about to touch
The electricity became too much
The whole vision began to vaporize
The trip started to dematerialize

My beautiful trip was through
I was back in my numbers zoo
Had I ever really left?
Was there ever a quest?

There is a smell about my jacket
First of a crisp cool air
Then of a raspberry vanilla perfumette
Just like the one she used to wear

Maybe on another trip tomorrow?

I cannot wait.







No comments:

Post a Comment