Friday, October 25, 2013

Seminar Blues

Sigh.

Another weekend with the fiction beat out of me.

My fiction Friday, the best day I have to continue such efforts as the Crowley Stories or The History of the Trap, is being et up by an all day seminar on governmental accounting.  I have to have so many "education" credits per year in order to maintain my CPA license.

If you think a topic like governmental accounting would be dry or boring, well....you're right.  But the seminar leader of this class does her best.  She is impossibly enthused about her topic, and she tends to throw candy at people.  Since I lost no weight this week, I am likely to angrily throw it back at her.  Or just give up the whole weight loss thing in frustration, and start stealing the candy from everybody else and start yelling "Bring it!"

In the great tradition of Old Pat T and the Bathroom Wars ((please see Wattpad for this (I say modestly) great collection)), I will need to arrive early to make sure I have an unfettered exit.  I will need it, as my coffee consumption skyrockets at one of these things.

And not only will there be candy thrown at me, there will be beaucoups of snacks, and an all you can eat buffet for lunch.  Normally I am not that weak.  I usually do a good job of resisting food.  But when you're confined and it's all about all you can do to stay alert and motivated...well, it's not a good combination.

Maybe I can squirrel some time Saturday to embed into one of my fiction opuses.  We'll see.  But I also have to learn my Scrooge lines, possibly go to three different events all occurring tomorrow night, and help take care of Benjamin, the house and pets while Alison is away this weekend with her mother going to a So You Think You Can Dance concert.

Bah.  Humbug. (just kidding - practicing Scrooge lines).

On the other hand...there will be candy and afternoon break cookies.  Buh-bye, weight loss!



1 comment:

  1. I also had to get continuing education credits to keep up my credentials when I worked. I usually didn't mind because I usually chose the annual convention to get all my credits within 4 days AND my employer paid for the trip/room/meals, etc. So, not too shabby. Anyway, enjoy your seminar and eat today...not so much tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete