Friday, October 4, 2013

Ripping Good Yarn: Wednesday TV Fall Lineup 2013

The TV fall schedule review continues, with Wednesday's exciting lineup.  I deeply apologize that this does not have a picture of the Wednesday Fall Lineup with it, but I have been unable to get my printer to cooperate.  I will post a picture as soon as I can get it to work.

Please note that I am giving information about all shows except reality or news program.  Nothing wrong with them, just not a focus of Ripping Good Yarns, which concentrates on fictional storytelling.

CBS has two returning shows, Criminal Minds in its 9th season and CSI   in it's 14th (!).  Criminal Minds adds Earl Morales to it's cast, and CSI continues to endure with a fairly good cast, although we sorely miss Grissom.  CSI has been a household staple of ours since it first came on. I've only seen the premiere episode of Criminal Minds.

ABC has four comedies and a drama. It starts at 8 with The Middle (5th season), a family comedy that we haven't seen but Alison's Mom loves (maybe streaming someday?)  A new comedy starts at 8:30, Back In the Game, some kind of baseball-centered comedy featuring Jame Caan (The Godfather, Mercy) and Maggie Lawson (Psych - OMG!  Psych isn't through, is it?)  at 9 PM is Modern Family, the best comedy on television.  The intertwined trio of families constantly provide great laughs and positive in sight, and is starting it's 5th fall season. At 9:30 is Super Fun Night. I like to keep these lineup reviews as positive as possible, so I will keep my feelings on this one to myself.  It stars Rebel Wilson, and, well, feel free to try it if it looks interesting to you. ABC wraps with Nashville's second season,  Country and melodrama, I think it is doing better for itself then Smash did.

NBC starts at 8 with Revolution's second season.  The show continues to be promising, but has just enough wavering glitches, that, although I watch it, I don't yet consider it a top tier program.  I hold out hope, though.  At 9 is Season 15 (!) of Law & Order: SVU.  The season premiere was supposed to be very intense, and I hear in the near future they are going to do a story base on Paula Deen.  After all these years, still ripped from the headlines, I see! At 10 PM is the new drama Ironsides, starring Blair Underwood.  This is a redoing of the 70s show that featured Raymond Burr.  Of course, as a kid, I didn't quite get it.  I though, oh look!  How sad!  Perry Mason can't walk anymore!here are three new shows I am going to check out.

The CW has Arrow (2nd season), loosely based on DC's Green Arrow character.  I watched about half a season last year, and lost track of it in our move.  I would like to get back into it, so I will catch up via streaming.  A new show,  The Tomorrow People, a revival of a British super-hero series.  Being CW, you can count on the actors being young and attractive.  My son, Greg, helps edit the program, so I will be checking it out.

Cable features American Horror Story: The Coven on FX at 10 PM. This anthology series, presenting new story lines each season, has been very good, with actors from previous season playing new role in the next season, like a true actor's ensemble.  If you can stand scary stuff, it is well worth it to watch.

So at the Strait household, Alison and I will be watching Modern Family and CSI.  I will be watching also Revolution, Arrow, and American Horror Story.  I will at least check out The Tomorrow People.  What about you?


.

3 comments:

  1. Wednesday nights I read until 10pm. I am watching Nashville now but will watch American Horror story when it starts and Hulu Nashville. I miss Grissom also and stopped watching shortly after he left. Everything else on Wed. is just blah to me including Revolution for which my interest waned toward the end of last season. I am currently reading Doctor Sleep and loving it. I like that I have set tv time aside for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read Joyland and loved it. Stephen King is such an awesome writer and for me, his writing is as good or better as when he started.

    ReplyDelete