Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Larry King's Got Nothing On Me

Talk show host Larry King, in addition to his other endeavors, had a regular column  (or, for all I know, still has) in USA Today.  It has a random, disjointed quality that wildly careened between incomplete thoughts, fractured sentences, and strange juxtapositions.  Here's a made up example of what I'm talking about - ....The Avengers....go see it!...but where was Emma Peel?...Scarlet Johannson - wow!...she could be my 9th wife...does cheese stop you up like it does me.....The Los Angeles Kings!...Kings of the ice hockey world!...but not named after me, at least I don't think so...ice is cold, isn't it.

So I thought I would give it a try.

.....waiting for the Supreme court verdict on the Affordable Care Act...Republicans do not seem to be aware of the destruction a negative decision could wrought....Rottweilers are not naturally vicious dogs, they have to be trained that way.... Nancy Pelosi predicts a 6-3 decision to preserve the law...my joy at that is tempered by the fact that she predicted the Democrats would hold the House in 2010.

.....hoped to see Prometheus...so far not panning out...get to about 25% of the movies I put on my must-see list....hear it's good...tragedy that my favorite Alien movie scene actually comes from Spaceballs...Hello my honey!

.....sports is something I don't watch a lot of....used to follow baseball statistics pretty closely, but the steroid era, among other things, diminished my interests....see some racing because only major sport where men and women directly compete against each other....yes, I know...little cars going in an endless circle...NASCAR looks like traffic...nevertheless, thank God for DVRs and fast forward!....though the Tigers were gonna go gangbusters but they've gone inexplicably flat...still, there's plenty of time and there's always hope!

...customer service...would it have hurt you to at least come out to my car and look at the warning light before telling me you were too busy to see me?...on the other hand...clerk at CVS...you went out of your to find me a larger product at a cheaper price than the one I had picked out for myself...you win my service person of the week award!

....my new schedule...blog traffic building nicely...although this disjointed crap might be a setback!...History of the Trap proceeding apace,,,not made any progress on children's play idea....and the concept of selling on eBay or other sites has not gotten off the ground...thinking about trying to sell where most things have to be virtually given away...fighting shipping methods...people who complain...people who don't pay...lots to gear up for to do that.

....Flying Dragon now flying at new location on Tebeau Street...if you've been holding off going because  of no air or lack of good bathrooms YOU NO LONGER HAVE ANY EXCUSES.....Thank you, Georgia Biomass!...your generous donation has been a vital shot in the arm!...I don't like getting shots, do you?...Annie looks awesome...don't miss out!

Well, I concede  to the master.  This is disjointed, but try as I might, I just can't reach Larry King's level of random verbiage.  Larry King, I salute thee!

Dogs are funny creatures...and speaking of funny, don't forget to catch Bill Cosby's show at the Palace...I do love pudding!

3 comments:

  1. Can't say I ever read his column. Strange...but I followed yours quite nicely. You packed a whole bunch in a little bit! I actually enjoyed it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I tried hard to emulate the fine Mr. King, but boy, wasa it hard! Hard, just like the Melba toast I had this morning...and speaking of morning - did the sun come up at your place too? Be sure to catch me on CNN at 9 PM where I'll interview the cat lady from Apt B12 and Halle Berry, who played the Catwoman...what?...I don't have a show anymore?...Oy vey!...sombody get me Scarlett's number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed it just fine too. :)
    really enjoyed the customer service part

    ReplyDelete