Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ripping Good Yarns: Comedy Series Awards!

My legion of Ripping Good Yarn fans, I am proud to announce the third group  of our awards, given in the category of Comedy Series!  Two awards will be given in this category, one will be the Ripping Good Strait Award that is solely determined by me because well, to paraphrase one of my least favorite politicians, Ronald Reagan, "I own this microphone!"  The first will be the Ripping Good Fan award determined by all of your votes!

Ripping Good Fan Award, Comedy Series

Hot In Cleveland received 0% of the vote.  So sorry, Miss White.

Parks and Recreation received 6% of the vote.

30 Rock and Raising Hope each received 9% of the vote.

Modern Family received 29% of the vote.

And with 47%, the winner of our comedy series award (drum roll, please!)......


The Big Bang Theory!

And the nerds shall inherit the Earth!  I really am going to have to catch this program sometime!


Ripping Good Strait Award, Comedy Series

Modern Family!  Truly an awesome show, representing the very best of character and great storytelling.  A marvelous examination of family life as seen through three related but very different families.  

But let's not rest on our laurels.  Start commenting on who would like to consider for our next great award...Favorite Genre Series.  YOU choose the category...YOU tell me your favorite show in that category.  Examples:  My favorite science fiction series of the last year is Fringe!  My favorite western series is Hell on  Wheels.  My favorite medical show is House.  Well, hopefully, you get the idea.  This would be any show that ran during the current season (September 11 to present) and has great characters, exciting plot lines, and at least some continuity elements. Comment either here or on Facebook.

Remember, we're looking for shows with compelling characters, colorful and exciting plot-lines, and continuing story elements.

Fellow Rippers, I await your input!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Once you watch Big Bang, you will barely be able to watch any other sitcoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know lots of people really enjoy that show. Not my thing but those that follow it really love it. Bazinga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my friend, I don't have any favorite medical, western or science fiction shows! I do like The Big Bang Theory - makes me LOL!

      Delete