Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ripping Good Yarns: Potential Short Form Nominees

There has been some queasiness about what a short form nominee is.  Simply put, it is any scripted drama that ran 13 episodes or less.  But I know that, except for the most geeky viewer (like myself) that may be hard to distinguish.  So I'm listing all the ones that I could find on the major networks and cable channels.  It is not meant to be a comprehensive list, but it does include all those I could think of.

ABC:  Pan Am, Charlie's Angels, Missing, The River, GCB and Scandal.

CBS:  NYC 22.

CW:  The LA Complex.

Fox:  The Finder, Terra Nova, Alcatraz, Touch.

NBC:  Prime Suspect, The Firm, The Playboy Club, Awake, Smash.

F/X: American Horror Story, Rescue Me, sons of Anarchy, Justified.

Lifetime:  Army Wives, Against the Wall, The Protector.

TNT: Falling Skies, The closer, Rizzola & Isles, Leverage, Hawthorne, Memphis Beat, Southland.

AMC:  The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Hell On Wheels, Breaking Bad.

USA:  Psych, White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn notice, Covert Affairs, Suits, In Plain Sight, Fairly Legal.

HBO:  True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, A Game of Thrones.

Showtime:  The Borgia's, Homeland, Dexter.

Starz: Spartacus, Boss.

Syfy:  Warehouse 13, Eureka, The Lost Girl, Being Human, Alphas.

There are other networks with other shows, but I hope you get the basic idea.  Feel free to nominate these or any other shows you feel qualify either by commenting on my world famous blog, or on facebook.


4 comments:

  1. Scandal, Terra Nova, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead & Hell on Wheels are my favorite of the lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I am probably going to present a variety of different kind of shows, meaning I may not present both American Horror Story and The Walking Dead, in the same fashion as I did between Ringer and Revenge. If you had to choose between American Horror Story and The Walking Dead, which one do you think you would pick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would choose The Walking Dead.

      Delete
    2. I have always enjoyed any of the episodes of BURN NOTICE

      Delete