Wednesday, February 19, 2014

And Now For Wednesday Wanderings

My mind, such of it that is left, continues to wander aimlessly across a synapse-snapped universe, unable to settle on anyone topic or thing.

I have run through a dozen ideas, and have been unable to focus long enough on any of them in order to write a coherently themed post.

Probably getting up at 5:20 and not having a solid clue as to the morning's writing topic is not a good thing.

I thought about the Winter Olympics, but nothing congealed fast enough to write about.  I do have a unique scoring method to determine a medal standing, that gives more weight to gold and silver, that helps show a fairer sense of placement.  If I demonstrate it, I need to get together before the Olympics are over.

There was great fear that there would be chaos in the area, but I'm not sure people expected it to be in Kiev the central city of Ukraine.

I wanted to do a listing of my favorite movies of 2013, but that requires more planning and foresight than I can do in the limited morning time I have to write.

I am having trouble with the picture my posts are displaying when I post them on Facebook.  It is wanting to show The Wizard of Oz I have in my advertising section, sometimes over anything else.  I have seen clearly that posts with a display picture get more clicks.  But when I tried to post the Dog and Cat Post to Facebook this morning, it wouldn't show an animal picture, just the Wizard picture.  I'm sure WACT doesn't mind the constant publicity, but I would like to have a little bit more control over which picture to run.

Speaking of Facebook, my original thought this morning was to write a post about the diversity of Facebook, only to remember that I had already done that months ago.  My only new thought on Facebook is that it seems to be somewhat of a fading force.  To most, it is just a "thing" and if it disappears like MySpace, so what.  But it is a way for someone with selective mutism and shyness to connect with people, and it helps promote my blog and other writings.  I have tried Google+ and Tweet, and at this point, they are a vast wasteland of emptiness to me.  I am doing much better with Wattpad, and I would do much better if I would just rename my stories after popular teen movies and books.  Like History of the Twilight, or Crowley Hunger Game Stories.

This is thematically exciting, isn't it?  It's like a whole week without coherence.

Can't wait to see what I do to Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment