Friday, February 21, 2014

Frabjous Friday Fiction

Every time I wake up, things are a little bit different.

This morning I grabbed my fishing pole and went down to the dock.  Sitting at the dock, my bare feet inches from the water, I extend the line out into the blue.  In the distance, I see three ripples as a large serpent rises out of the lake waters.  I fumble for my iPhone in order to take a picture, only to find that I do not have it.

Alison's father comes up from behind me.  "Tom," he says gently.  "What are you doing here?"

I knew the answer to that one.  "Fishing."

"That's nice.  I've never seen you fish before.  I didn't even know you owned a  fishing pole."

"Really?  Are you sure?"

"Yes.  And isn't this when you're supposed to be at work?  You normally don't have a day off this time of year."

Oh, yes.  That's right.  My mistake.

Every time I wake up, things are a little bit different.

This morning, I extend my hand down  and Hoover, our pet pig, nuzzles it.  "Honey!" I shout.  "Has Hoover been out this morning?"

Alison comes  to our screened in porch, where I am sitting, and looks at me with a puzzled expression.  "Who's Hoover?"

I look down and there is nothing there.  "Where did the pig go?"

"Pig?  What pig?  Aren't you getting ready for work?"

Oh, yes.  That's right.  Just great.

Every time I wake up, things are a little bit different.

This morning, I am finishing up my four mile jog, when Boatdock Bill Davis comes up beside me and reminds that I should be careful, as he doesn't think that I've ever done this before.

Oh, yes. That's right.  My heart can stop pounding.

Every time I wake up, things are a little bit different.

This morning, I'm giving instructions to my employees at Tommy T's, when Karissa comes up to me, and asks me why I'm bossing the people at Jerry J's around.

Oh, yes.  That's right.  My bad.

Every time I wake up, things are a little bit different.

This morning, I am putting the finishing touches on the sequel, Eric Reid & The Time Team In Dallas.  My biggest hope is that when Hollywood inevitably films it, they do not cast Justin Bieber in it again.  I am thrilled they got Nolan Gould to play Eric again, and Kennedy Brice to play Savannah.

Beautiful Alison brings me a steaming cup of coffee and reminds me that I should get dressed for another day of work.

Oh, yes.  That's right.  Reality sets in.

This morning, as usual, there is a loving family, which I am extremely grateful for.

There is also a tax season that never....seems...to end.

I have faith.  If not tomorrow, then very soon.  I hear the birds chirping.

Dreams may dissipate, but hope lingers.


No comments:

Post a Comment