Friday, February 28, 2014

Say What? This Little Girl is Retiring? NO WAY!

This little girl loves Christmas, although she does seem a little concerned with her big brother, who has just gotten a bat for Christmas.

This Little Girl loves the beach.  And she is dressed for a typical Great Lakes beach stay.  Well, we thought it might warm up, but not enough, so she puts on a coat, and buries her legs in the sand.

This little girl somehow became a teenager, with all their special charms and quirks.  

This little girl got married.  Her she is with her her husband of over 35 years, Michael Easlick.  Like my parents, it is an enduring love story for the ages.  They are posing here at the wedding of their son, Nick Easlick. Their daughter, Tiffany, gets married this May.

This little girl took extra good care of her daddy, who left us in body in September but will never leave our hearts, along with our dear mother.  I love my sister for many things, but I will always cherish how well she loved and took care of Dad in his final years.


Congratulations, Carol!  She is retiring today, after a great career, with many years as a legislative researcher for the Secretary of Education for the State of Michigan.  Am I jealous and envious that she is getting to retire before me?  You better believe it!  But she worked extraordinarily hard at her job, including evenings and weekends, putting in twice the energy and drive that I could ever muster.  She has had to contend with obstinate politicians, entrenched bureaucrats and a confused public, but I do believe that the education system in Michigan is better off for her having fought the good fight.  I'm proud of her.  I know my Dad and Mom were.

Bravo, Carol!  Enjoy your retirement, and know that not an hour goes by that I am not plotting on how I can join you!

Viva la retirement!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Carol for a well-deserved retirement! Here's to a happy second act!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Carol !!! It is better to retire by choice than having to retire due to disability at age 38.......have a great time, and enjoy helping your daughter with all the wedding details !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Carol-enjoy your retirement!!!

    ReplyDelete