Monday, February 10, 2014

Angel's Weekend and Other Monday Musings

Angel in the morning.

Contemplating morning decisions.


We are fostering again.  This time it is A Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix, a sweet girl who is also pregnant. She is destined for a rescue pickup this Saturday, so it has been just a short two week stay.  She has fit in beautifully with our other three.  And as every pet we've ever had, she is very attached to  Alison.  Will she have her puppies while she is with us?  Not according to the Okefenokee Humane Society people.  But we'll see.

Winter Olympics are in full run now, and we enjoy them a great deal.  They are my favorite, ahead of the Summer Olympics.  It's always cool (or downright cold) to see so many great ways to have fun in the snow. I keep changing what my favorite sport is, depending on what they have on.

The time delay has made it difficult for me to pull up news headlines.  I don't like to have my results spoiled, and they are glaring on the MSN homepage and on Huffington Post. So if anything new is breaking in the Christie scandal, or if Congress is actually doing something (okay, scratch that one), I won't know about it.  For some of you, not getting news may seem like a good thing, but I really don't like existing in a vacuum - I do like to know what's going on.

It was a three star writing weekend for me.  I posted new chapters of both History of the Trap and Crowley Stories this weekend, and I prepared a short story for submission to a magazine.  I may just be taking spins on the hamster wheel, but it is better than the alternative of just giving up.

Speaking of rodents, it is the end of the Years of the Rats at the Strait household.  Pinky passed on, and with Brain having left us a few moths ago, we have decided to pack up the cage and not replace them.  I don't want to go into right now (sorry), but it was somewhat of a traumatic passing, and I don't want to start up with that again.

Tax season continues it's relentless march.  for me, there are some personal returns, but there are a lot of corporate returns as well.  That will be my focus for the next month.

I feel less clouded this morning than I have many weekdays these past few weeks.  But I am sure that will change. Like it or not, my head will quickly fill with work concerns.

For the record, I get less sleep than most, about five to five and a half hours a night.  That is all that I need, except for maybe one night a week getting closer to seven.  That is about all I need, and about all I can get.  If I try to sleep more than that, or nap, than I am up a proportional amount of time the next night, where I might suffer some mild insomnia.  Normally, except for the usual early morning fog, this is all the amount of sleep I need, and I function fine with it.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment