Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dragon Dispatch

Everything became dark
All the outcomes stark
The wingspan so immense
Nothing else made sense

We hugged the ground
As it soared around
The air itself turned very hot
The villagers screamed - a lot

"Shoot an arrow in to the underbelly!"
Whispering urgently, through the smelly
sulfuric ash, she place my bow in hand
The dragon still blotting the land

Quietly I pulled it back
Stealth I did not lack
Still I swear it heard me
Still I feared it would see

I got to knees and pulled it taut
The dragon heard and the sound it sought
But the arrow had gone soarin'
And had the dragon a-roarin'

As it carefully found it's part
Through the scales and into the heart
It's head turned and looked at us with hate
For us to run it was way too late

Crashing down from the sky
Right on top of you and I
And now my dearest darling bud
Our love is covered in dragon's blood

No comments:

Post a Comment