Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Twirling Topical Tuesday

I freely admit.  I'm fairly fried as tax season wanders on and slowly consumes my limited mental processes.  But I'll give it a try.

How 'bout those Winter Olympics?  Watched about seven hours worth of recorded programs in one hour - it's amazing how fast they can get down that luge when you fast forward at 3x.  For the record the 15 year old Russian figure skater could do what she does.....BECAUSE SHE'S FIFTEEN....yes, a highly trained fifteen, but it's hard for the adult women to compete with that almost boneless flexibility.  I am glad that the Olympics have been incident free....lots of vacant seats, though.

How 'bout that Writer's Guild?  We had a great meeting last night, centered around local newspaper writer and talent Gary Griffin.  He shared many stories about his years in the newspaper business, and reminded me what we're losing as we drift away from print media.  The sense of localness is being slowly lost, and certainly the idea of getting local news and information from multiple sources.

How 'bout that Chris Christie?  The great hope of centrist (ha!) Republicans is being devoured (not an easy job, in his case), as the worst fears about him, being a bully and one who uses powers to promote the interests of his "cartel" and punishes those that don't play ball, is being confirmed over and over again.  He might not only have to give up his presidential ambitions, he'll be lucky to remain Governor and stay out of jail.

How 'bout the Flying Dragon?  Kudos to the many Dragoneers valiantly struggling to keep that organization going in difficult times!  They are pulling out all the stops they can, trying to raise the base money they need to keep going.  If you have not given what you can, you need to do so today. They have a great play, Little Women, starting this Saturday at 7 PM.  Please come out and show your support!

How 'bout that Benjamin?  Got his progress report, and he continues to do well grade-wise. He missed all A's by one 89 in math.  And he is enjoying Cotillion, River Keepers, participating in two churches, and as always, mastering video games.

How 'bout that blood pressure?  On a more personal note, I've been taking more readings of it lately, and I'm not sure how my medication is doing.  The one and only pill I take is a blood pressure medication that I've taken for about 14 years now.  I am trying to improve my diet and get more exercise (a real struggle this time of year).  As far as not getting so stressed about things, I'll do what I can but I'm not really up for a personality transplant.  The inevitability is that I will probably need a stronger medication, and I am really resistant to that.

How 'bout that clock on the wall?  Speaking of pressure, I see that my allotted writing time has shrunk to squat.  I will squirrel my brain and try to come up with a more thematically sound topic tomorrow.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment