Monday, August 12, 2013

Pictureless Monday Musing

I really don't have a picture of this weekend's activities to post.  I am aware of the consequences of this, but there you go.  I'll just have to deal with it.

I know from the page view numbers I see, that posts with pictures in them generate more page views.  But I and Alison didn't take pictures this weekend, and nothing seems to fit right.  Besides, there is no ad revenue impact to generating more traffic.  So I may be just windmill tilting anyways.

Friday was Alison's birthday.  She is (muffle, muffle) years old.  We went to the monthly Downtown Market in Waycross.  It was a bit smaller than I was expecting, but it is something hopefully building up to be something bigger.  They did have a booth for the Okefenokee Humane Society, and we enjoyed seeing the animals and some of our friends there. We saw the administrator, Charlotte de La Vergne, a very nice person who has done much to turn the Waycross shelter around.  We tried to see how long we might be fostering Pixie Dust, and found out her rescue shelter might be in Canada,  We are becoming quite attached to her, but also want to be good fosterers, and be available to help more.  And, alas, no new pictures of Pixie Dust.

We also had some good friends adopt their children's first family cat, a black cat that the youngest has named Trashboat.    That is a very unique name that their young four year old, Eli, came up with.  It might not be the most dignified name for a kitten, but I do think it shows that Eli has a fierce and independent imagination.  I like it.  And, alas, no pictures of Trashboat to show you.  UPDATE:  Turns out Trashboat isn't quite a unique name, but a character on The Regular Show, a cartoon aimed at a slightly older audience, preteen and above.  Momma is less than thrilled, and I see her point.

We say the movie Percy Jackson:Sea of Monsters.  It was neither great nor awful, not something I will remember much of for long. Benjamin is a huge fan of the series, and he enjoyed the movie,  What more could you ask for?  If it's pictures from the movie, alas, I am too tired and lazy to go to the effort of doing that right now.

And now I see that the looming work week is almost upon me.  I do have the Writer's Guild meeting Tuesday night to look forward to.  I took a hard look and a long consideration to be in the play Dracula, but finally decided I couldn't fit it in, or give it high enough priority.  I do hope to find a way to assist my good friend Kimberly Beck in putting on Charlotte's Web at the Flying Dragon.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait


2 comments:

  1. I hate that I missed to downtown market on Friday. I was out of town. I hope to catch it next month. We went last month (when it was on a Sat.) and were expecting it to be bigger but like you I hope it grows.


    I hope you will think about auditioning for A Christmas Carol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you. I plan on auditioning for A Christmas Carol. And hopefully Benjamin as well.

    ReplyDelete