Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns: Best Comedy Award

My legion of Ripping Good Yarn fans, I am proud to announce the fourth award for 2013, given in the category of Comedy Series!  Two awards will be given in this category, one will be the Ripping Good Strait Award that is solely determined by me because well, to paraphrase one of my least favorite politicians, Ronald Reagan, "I own this microphone!"  The first will be the Ripping Good Fan award determined by all of your votes!

Ripping Good Fan Award, Broadcast TV Drama

30 Rock received 12% of the vote.

Raising Hope received 15% of the vote.

Parks and Recreation received 18% of the vote.

Modern Family received 21% of the vote.

And the winner with 35% of the vote is....

The Big Bang Theory!

The most popular show on television, this program wins it's second Ripping Good Yarn award and continues of showing no abatement to its success.  Sheldon Cooper is a Hall of Fame level character, and has a great supporting cast around him.  It is hard to believe that this show is created and produced by the same group responsible for the worst show on television, Two and a Half Men.  Oh, well.


Ripping Good Strait Award, Basic Cable Drama

Parks and Recreation!  

Alison and I streamed all the episodes of this program, up to the end of last season.  What a great way to see a show, and what a great ensemble cast.  Leslie Knope is another Hall of Fame character, surrounded by an even more diverse and entertaining cast than The Big Bang Theory.  We love this show.

I had a lot of trouble getting votes for this one.  I reposted this blog story several times and got very little response.  It is only when I just listed the names of the shows in a post WITHOUT the blog story that people finally responded.  That kind of breaks my hear, but what can you do?  Like Willy Loman, I can just take my briefcase full of blog, and keep trying to sell myself.  I am not averse to tilting at windmills.

The next set of awards will be genre specific, like science fiction, police procedural, mystery/thriller, horror, medical, and family drama.  Please let me know if you have any ideas in this regard.

Remember, we're looking for shows with compelling characters, colorful and exciting plot-lines, and continuing story elements.

Fellow Rippers, I await your input!  Well, you know.  Whatever I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment