Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pixie Dust: The Fix Is In



We are failures.

Our first foster has turned into an adoption.

But what could we do?  She fit so well into our family.  Every day she has gained in comfort and confidence.  She has been affectionate, obedient, house-trained, and a perfect bridge between the play styles of Ellie Mae and Cocoa Bear.  How could we say no when we have watched her emerge form her shyness into a loving and cheerful dog?

Today I take her in to be spayed.  It is part of the policy of the Okefenokee Humane Society, but more importantly, it is standard for a pet in our household.  The overpopulation and lack of good homes here in this area is heart-breaking, and I understand why the Humane Society promotes spaying/neutering.  I was very happy that Benjamin got to spend several days of his summer break helping out at the shelter.

Anyways, I hope all goes well today, and once she is back home again, and her spirits are restored, I think we should have a little welcome to your home party.

Our house has been struck with the magic of Pixie Dust.  And we couldn't be happier!



3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and your new addition - and I think a welcome home party is in order for sure. I hope she has a speedy recovery and I know she will have a lifetime of love and happiness with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhhhhhh......I just love stories of foster failures! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear a lot of the firsts wind up this way. Oh, well! She is the sweetest dog!

    ReplyDelete