Monday, August 19, 2013

Tunnel Lights Monday Musings

It was a very disheartening weekend, but rather than focus on that, I will focus here on the tunnel lights that I could find.

I saw two great shows this weekend...The Downtown Follies performed by  WACT was one of the best variety shows I have ever seen.  Variety shows usually leave me cold, trying to figure out how many performances I have to endure until it is through.  But not this time.  Great songs, including a very good new original song from Connor Griffin,  entertaining dance segments, and genuinely world class funny comedy skits.

The second show was the Broadway Revue at the Flying Dragon.  It was a very nice showcase for a lot of young talent, giving a large number of young people exposure to the stage in a low pressure, supportive environment.  I stayed after and watched tryouts for Charlotte's Web, which I think will be one of Flying Dragon's finest shows.

I got to do a reading in church, and I always enjoy doing that.

We ate out for Alison's Mom's birthday.  That was nice.

I am caught up now with Breaking Bad.  Walter White is one nasty dude.

So far, Benjamin has received all 100s in his school courses.  I hope he keeps it up.  With Republicans and even some misguided Democrats trying to eliminate or reduce the scope of the  the Hope scholarship in Georgia, he'll need better and better grades to stay qualified, or he'll have to qualify for other scholarships.

The lawn mowing staggered throughout most of Saturday, thinking it was going to storm any minute.  With Benjamin's help, it did finally get done.

I had been greatly discouraged that people just didn't keep books on display in their house any more, but I received many nice responses to a post on Facebook, from people around the country, who still have 100 or more books on display in their house.  Viva la books!

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

1 comment: